For use of our website, mobile app and other services, you approve and affirm that you shall not post or list or provide info in relation to the purchase, sale or exchange of services and goods, content or info that are unlawful under the laws of the Republic of Ghana and/or are not allowed as per the forbidden items policy listed below.
1. Prohibited Items Policy.
A. Specifically, we prohibit any posting, advert or listing of classifieds or info in relation to the following items:
- Liquor, tobacco products, drugs, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, palliative/curative, psychotropic substances, intoxicants of any description, medications substances nor shall you provide link or links indirectly or directly to, or include descriptions of items, services or goods that are prohibited under any applicable law in force including but not limited to the 1992 Food and Drug Law (PNDCL 305B), as amended by the Food and Drugs ACT of 1996 and 2012 and subsequently integrated into a new Public Health ACT 581, 2012.
- Dead or living person and/or the entire or any part of any human which has been preserved or kept by any means whether natural or non-natural including any bodily fluids, blood and/ or body parts.
- Sex tourism, streetwalker, prostitution or any other form of service in the nature there of that purports to infringe on the provisions of indecent representation of women or immoral act which violates the modern-day standards of morality and decency in the Ghanaian community and society as a whole.
- Artifacts be it religious items or otherwise, including literary materials such as books, CDs, Videos, etc. or any material or depiction of any such item that is expected to have significant impact on the religious, sacred or spiritual sentiments of any person or group.
- Our Mature Audience Policy comprise of films which do not have a certificate for public exhibition issued either by the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts or the Film Producers Association of Ghana (FIPAG) as enshrined in the Development & Classification of Film Act 2016 and or described and illustrate or otherwise deal with matters which are atrocious or repulsive and or tend to deprave a person’s thoughts in such a way that they tend to offend against the standards of morality, decency and propriety mostly accepted by rational grown-ups.
- Indecent items comprise of items which contain an offensive depiction of women within the connotation of the; Any literary material or film or item that describes or portrays an infant or a minor who is, or who purports to be, under 18 (whether the infant or minor is involved in sexual activity or not) and any computer games not appropriate for minors or infants that are improper for an infant or minor to see or play with.
- Offensive or unpleasant material intended for use in a sexual context (including "bondage", "slavery", "servitude" and "fetish" items,) displaying sensual, erotic or sexual activity or depicting human genitalia in a "life-like" or realistic fashion.
- Information, messages, literary materials or items that are derogatory, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, hostile, threatening, or abusive in nature .
- Information, messages or conversations that are deceitful, false, fraudulent, misrepresenting as to the nature and use of the goods or the services.
- Pirated, counterfeit and stolen goods or unlawful illegal services (services for which you are not accredited, qualified, licensed or permitted to carry out or do not have the authority to undertake).
- Services, goods, and items that impinge on or attempt to pass off any third party’s copyright, proprietary, intellectual property or rights of publicity or moral rights and or purport's to breach any persons right to privacy.
- Electronic transmission through any medium or any type of computer application or program that facilitates hacking of a computer system with the intent to damage a computer or computer network or intercept any personal data.
- Your data, information or content shall not consist of any hateful content, that is offensive, insulting, deprecating, condemnatory, derogatory or libelous in nature that may directed at any person(s), individual(s), or group(s) or advocate violence against any users individuals and or animals.
- Destructive devices, fireworks, and explosives including but not limited to any material that enables the making of explosive devices, fireworks, and explosive triggers.
- Personal financial records, personal identification documents, & personal information (in any form, including mailing lists).
- Slot Machines, Sweepstakes Entries, and Lottery Tickets.
- Police Badges, police or military uniforms, coats-of-arms and or any Government crest, insignia, emblem(s), and or items in contravention with the laws of Ghana.
- Firearms, firearm parts and ammunition, magazines, stun guns, tear gas, switchblade knives or any other item or weapons which is prohibited under Ghanaian Law.
- “Ponzi Schemes”, “Multilevel Marketing – MLMs”, “Pyramid schemes” and or similar rip-offs or scams which are exclusively listed for the purpose of defrauding users.
- Fraud schemes, junk, spam, offensive, abusive, duplicates listing, (e.g. “get-rich-quick” schemes as well as “work-at-home” schemes which are listed mainly for the purpose of defrauding users).
- Listing in wrong categories or listing inappropriately in a particular category (e.g. car listed as an agricultural machinery).
- Deliberately misleading others by specifying incorrectly, the city or town where you reside (your listing is allowed only in the city or town where you are based in).
- International Listings.
B. Without bias or prejudice to the generalization of the above, Donkomi does not permit listing or authorize posting or listing of classifieds adverts in relation to the following:
- Any part or the whole of any animal living or dead, and or creatures which has been kept, conserved or preserved whether artificial or natural means including but not limited to rugs, skins, specimens of animals, ivory, antlers, horns, hair, eggs, feathers, nails, teeth, musk, nests, or other animal products or by products of any description, the trade, auction, sale and purchase or procurement of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner by applicable laws (including but not limited to those prohibited under the Wildlife Division of the Forestry Commission of Ghana’s Wild Animal Preservation Act, 1961 (Act 43), Wildlife Reserves Regulations L.I.710 of 1971, Wildlife Conservation Regulations L.I 685 of 1971 and/ or The Environmental Protection Agency Act 490 (1994) of EPA Ghana.
- “Securities” in the context of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Ghana’s Regulations including but not limited to; debentures, shares, bonds etc. and or any other financial assets or instruments of any kind.
C. Your Advertisement, Listing or Information
- Shall not be libelous, slanderous, defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or illicitly harassing. Furthermore, it shall not be deceitful, fraudulent, misrepresenting, misleading or pertain to the sale of any illegal, prohibited, counterfeit, fake, stolen goods and or services which does not belong to you or you do not have the authority for. Additionally, it shall not infringe on any intellectual property, trade secret, or trademark, other proprietary or copyrights, patents or rights of publicity or privacy of any third party.
- Shall not contain any viruses, backdoors, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, Easter eggs or other computer programming routines in any form that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously or secretly intercept or expropriate any system, personal information or data.
- Shall not be allowed to libel or defame anyone or include hate, derogatory, slanderous speech aimed at individual(s) or group(s). You shall not promote or advocate violence against other users or individual(s) or group(s).
2. For the purposes of clarity, all users shall be expected to observe, adhere to and comply with the following policies in addition to the above while listing items:
Restricted Items: In addition to the prohibited items policy above, users shall also abide by or adhere to and comply with the restricted items policy while posting, listing, or providing information or data in relation to any services or goods.
Listing for the sale of the following items is allowed:
- Dogs and cats unless endangered exotic breeds.
- Aquarium, vivarium, terrarium or pond fish, snails or similar creatures such as mollusc unless they are endangered exotic breeds or species.
- Live insects, crickets and worms used as bait or feed for pets.
Duplicate advert or listings are prohibited. Any advert which is posted more than once with the same content or Title in the same city and category would be considered as a Duplicate Advert. We advise you to post multiple adverts only if you have different items or services for sale. All duplicate adverts would be deleted and posters penalized if the problem continues.
Mature Audience/Sexually oriented material: Classifieds relating to items that includes items intended for use in sexual activity would not be permitted. (An example of such classifieds relating to an item not normally permitted would be a classified for the sale of a vibrator or dildo). Please also be aware that titles with graphic adult language are inappropriate, regardless of the item contained in the listing itself.
3. Penalties for Breach of Listing Policy
Users who violate the forbidden, banned or prohibited items in the listing policy, acceptable use policy and or the restricted items policy may be subject to the following actions
- Outright termination or suspension of membership.
- Eternal or permanent blocking of access to the website.
- Reporting to Appropriate Authorities or Law Enforcement agencies for appropriate action.