Vacancy - Chief of Party
|Date Posted||05-06-18||No. of views||154|
|Job type||Full-time||Experience in Years||10|
|Salary type||Monthly||Education||Masters MPH|
Department: IMPACT Malaria
Position Reports To: Country Operations Director HQ Based
Position Supervised: Ghana Country Director
Location: Accra, Ghana
Jhpiego is a key partner in the USAID-funded President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) IMPACT Malaria project contributing to Ghana’s National Malaria Control Strategic Plan 2014-2020 The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall leadership, technical oversight, implementation, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and representation of IMPACT Malaria. The project will operate over a five year period.
The position will operate under the leadership of the US-based Country Operations Director and Jhpiego’s Country Director in collaboration with project team and partners, the position will support the design and implementation of malaria service delivery strategies based on scientific evidence.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of IMPACT Malaria and to achieve rapid and sustained project goals, objectives and targets
- Provide overall oversight of the project and maintain effective and regular communication with the core team, implementing partners, and government entities
- Ensure that program is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the Ghana, its people and donors
- Advise national counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant technical advisory groups with counterparts and partner institutions
- Collaborate with National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and Ghana Health Service (GHS) staff to strengthen quality improvement and supervision systems for malaria interventions
- Work closely with core team to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation
- Ensure compliance with USAID operational policies and regulations
- In collaboration with the project program and finance team, develop project work plan and budget and ensure performance indicators and targets are met, as well as timely completion of activities against work plan deadlines.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) staff to develop M&E frameworks and effectively track data/results
- Contribute to the development of quarterly/ annual programmatic reports and monthly progress updates for the project
- Assist the core team with the production and dissemination of knowledge products.
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of donor resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with donor standards
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections and monitoring of payments
- Maintain excellent relationships with donor and in-country stakeholders
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to develop the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, in close collaboration with Government of Ghana, donor and other key stakeholders to ensure timely implementation and compliance to the requirements and regulations of the award
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- You have a medical degree, advanced clinical degree, or a Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or related degree.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in managing or implementing USAID projects of similar scope, and preferably in Africa.
- You have at least seven years of supervision experience.
- Experience and technical knowledge in malaria and/or infectious disease programming.
- Ability to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors.
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of program cycle management – design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- You have demonstrated strong leadership, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- You have demonstrated experience working with host country government.
- You are fluent in English and Twi.
- References will be required.
NOTE: All Jhpiego staff members, regardless of their level of responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the Jhpiego mission and values
- Participate in the business development process
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives