VACANCY - Knowledge Management, Learning and Communications Consultant
|Date Posted||08-06-18||No. of views||199|
|Job type||Full-time||Experience in Years||10|
|Salary type||Monthly||Education||Masters Degree|
Tetra Tech ARD is looking for a Knowledge Management, Learning and Communications Consultant to provide support to the Technical Unit (Component Lead) and the CLA Unit, and the Communications team, to inventory, identify and develop knowledge management and learning products that can be disseminated and used throughout the region to promote WA BiCC’s learning agenda.
The West Africa Biodiversity and Climate Change (WA BiCC) program is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) that aims to improve conservation and climate-resilient, low-emissions growth across West Africa. Although regional in scope and design, WA BiCC focuses on targeted geographical areas within the region to improve governance and policy over critical natural and human systems. By working through the core regional partners, Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), Mano River Union (MRU) and the Abidjan Convention, and with targeted national and sub-national institutions, WA BiCC increases the capacity of institutions at all levels to address the three core WA BiCC components. These are combatting wildlife trafficking, increasing coastal resilience to climate change and reducing deforestation, forest degradation, and biodiversity loss.
WA BiCC is implemented by Tetra Tech ARD, in association with four subcontractors, also referred to as implementing partners: Palladium, Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN), PCI Media Impact (PCI), and Pact Inc.
The consultant will undertake the following but not limited to tasks in close collaboration with the COP, KML Specialist and Communications Unit This RFA consists of this cover letter and the following sections.
- Review the WA BiCC Annual Reports, Annual Work Plans, and Semi-Annual Reports, and other communication and knowledge management documents provided;
- Review the Story Tracker with the Communications Unit to understand the stages of development of identified priorities;
- Collaborate with senior WA BiCC staff and Tetra Tech Home Office staff to inventory and evaluate current project activities which hold strong promise for knowledge management and capture;
- Prioritize the development of at least six (6) products;
- Participate in annual work planning to assist in the identification of KML products
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in international development.
- Expertise in strategies and processes for effective knowledge management, learning and communications of forestry and climate change programs and activities.
- Relevant Master’s degree related to communications, management, climate change and/or conservation related studies.
- Experience working with communications and capacity building teams to scale up and communicate best practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English, similar experience in French strongly preferred.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 4 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
The full scope of work can be found below:
Knowledge Management, Learning and Communications Consultant.PDF
Please send applications to [email protected] by June 15 2018.